Wednesday, January 21, 2015

January Member(s) of the Month, Scott Jiroch and Curt Haarsma

Scott Jiroch

Curt (left) and Scott (right) spend time on the
weight machines and the basketball floor
Four days in the hospital gave me plenty of time to figure out that I needed to get back in shape....

In 2012, I was 222 pounds with a 38” waist – along with four broken ribs and 10 stitches in my head from a bicycle accident.

Those four days helped me decide to join Razor Sharp to start the process. I was under the direction of several trainers, and learned from them the importance of not just working out, but working out the right way. Now, two years later at 59 years old, I’m down to 180 pounds and my waist is 36”.

I especially enjoy the front desk staff and the atmosphere. But most of all, I have a renewed motivation and dedication to work out daily with all of the new friends I’ve made at Razor Sharp who share the same goals.


Curt Haarsma

I wanted to be around to see my son grow up....

Eight years ago, after my divorce, I decided it was time for a life change. I began to eat healthier and started a workout routine. Part of my motivation has been my son, who is now 16 years old. I realized that I wanted to be around to see him grow up, get married, and someday to take my grandkids to Door County and be able to enjoy the outdoors together with them.

Curt and Scott with, left to right, Personal Trainer Krystal DeBaker, Front Desk/Daycare
Director Marianne Lawson and Membership Director Laurie Swanson.
Now, at age 45, I have lost 40 pounds and 4” from my waist, and gained 3” on my arms and chest. I also just feel better and have more energy. This was a really important change for my life and health.

None of this would be possible without the wonderful trainers and staff at Razor Sharp. They really make the gym a family atmosphere. Special thanks go to my work-out buddy, Scott Jiroch. I would never have been able to accomplish this without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment